About Dr. Margot Kirschner
I hold a Bachelors of Arts in Psychology as well as a Master and Doctorate in Clinical Psychology. I have over 10 years of experience and have trained and delivered psychological services to a wide and diverse population including children, teens, and couples in multiple settings including the counseling department of multiple elementary schools in both Marin City and Novato and at the college level at the California College of the Arts. Additionally, I provided psychotherapy at The Berkeley Therapy Institute and The Community Institute for Psychotherapy in San Rafael.
I work from a psychodynamic/psychoanalytic relational approach which highlights the importance of relationships, both past and present. I believe that we come to know ourselves through relationships, first with our caregivers and later with our friends and romantic partners. Gaining a greater understanding of yourself and your relationships can lead to great relationship satisfaction as well an increase in and ability to understand and tolerate feelings.
- B.S. University of Oregon with a Minor in Business
- Psy.D. Argosy University, San Francisco Bay Area
- San Francisco Psychological Association
- Marin County Psychological Association
- Northern California Society for Psychoanalytic Psychotherapy
- Dr. John Gottman - Bringing Baby Home